Let’s kick off the official first day of summer (summer solstice) with a contest and a ride on “The Magic School Bus” to learn all about solar energy! Find out answers to these questions and more!
How can solar energy turn into electricity? What are green house gases? What does global warming do to our polar ice caps?
We’re giving away 3 hot new science sets so enter now by clicking here. Remember to write Magic School Bus in the subject line. The contest ends on Monday, July 5 so your kids can have time to play and experiment all summer long. Please click here for the rules.
Ms. Frizzle and her students take Young Scientists on a wild ride with solar energy to the rescue. Young Scientists explore the greenhouse effect, collect real carbon dioxide, recreate global warming in a bottle, use a solar panel to spin a fan, make a solar secret code, design solar spinners, watch solar energy inflate balloons, and much, much more!
In this kit you’ll
- Make solar spin art
- Melt polar ice caps
- Learn about the greenhouse effect
- Make a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher
- Make a fan spin
- Store solar energy
- Experiment with working solar panels
- Collect carbon dioxide
- Watch solar energy lift a bead
- Recreate global warming in a bottle
- The mission of The Young Scientists Club is simple – to offer children quality, science-related products that will fascinate them with the wonders of scientific discovery and spark their interest in future scientific endeavors.